CASE CLOSED … what really happened in the 2001 anthrax attacks?

* Dr. Gerard Andrews, Chief of Bacteriology, testified at deposition that lots of scientists worked after hours during that September – October 2001; Dr. Andrews has even pulled all-nighters

Posted by DXer on December 15, 2013

Screen shot 2013-12-15 at 1.16.02 PM

6 Responses to “* Dr. Gerard Andrews, Chief of Bacteriology, testified at deposition that lots of scientists worked after hours during that September – October 2001; Dr. Andrews has even pulled all-nighters”

  1. DXer said

    Kristi Friend explains that USAMRIID was working round the clock in assessing the samples coming in.

    Q. Okay. Now, what else were you involved in? What was the next step that you were involved in?

    A. At that time we were still receiving sets of
    samples daily. So we would receive a set of samples at eleven a.m. and eleven p.m. And I worked the day shift team, so I worked from seven a.m. to seven p.m. at that time.

    Q. These are samples from the buildings, now?

    A. Yes. And anything else that came out. At that point in time, once the letters came out, people were sending us Kool-Aid that they had received and other mail samples.

    We also did test all the luggage that was found in the car that the — I can’t remember his name, the lead bomber from Boston, his car was found in the parking lot, and we actually sampled the evidence that was in his car. So there was luggage, there was clothes, there was beer bottles.

    So anything that was suspicious at that point in time came to USAMRIID for testing. So in my spare time, you know, if I got called to help with letters or whatever else, I was doing the sampling for that to make sure we didn’t have any other biological warfare agents out there. (p. 45)

    • DXer said

      Ms. Friend explained:

      A. Until the beginning of March. So I think we received the last set of samples, it was like the last week of February or first week of March. That’s when kind of everything went back to normal operations.

      And when I say everybody, the whole institute was involved in various capacities that pretty much from — October 1 until this time in March, it was a 24-7 operation at USAMRIID. (p. 46)

  2. DXer said

    Dr. Jarhling explains in the newly produced civil deposition:

    “They were appropriate for nuclear facilities and probably for chemical things but, you know, his criticisms about lax security and what have you, as I say, with twenty-twenty hindsight were
    appropriate but at that time it was like, well, what planet did you come off of, you know. So I recall the Sandia report I think was a little bit more balanced, you know, and recognized that, you know, there was a cultural shift and, you know, recognition that things could have been tighter but made more I think helpful suggestions about how we might get to that point.”

    Page 26.

    Dr. Majidi took this approach — with his background being nuclear facilities. It’s as if they had no appreciation of how things were at USAMRIID — and they used that to smear Ivins for working late those nights.

  3. DXer said

    Dr. Andrews’ deposition is the next civil deposition to upload. Over the years, one of the most intriguing bits Dr. Andrews shared with me was that animal technician AB had to go to Building 1412 to retrieve Flask 1029 when they asked for it.

    Relatedly, Dr. Worsham made the familiar Building 1412 vs. 1425 point in the page 7 that I mistakenly omitted.

    The DOJ and FBI mistake about 1412 vs. 1425, without more, demolished its Ivins Theory given that it was based on the “process of elimination” that was founded on claimed access only in Building 1425. For those following the matter, that point had already been made by September 2008 by USAMRIID scientists. GAO should include the interview of animal technician AB given that it bears centrally on the distribution of the Ames strain.

  4. DXer said

    But even the hours that the FBI pointed to didn’t add up to a viable theory:

    Dr. Andrews testified:

    Q (By Mr. Schuler) And looking at those hours — and I didn’t add them up, but they do look like it’s less than 20 in retrospect.
    A Yeah
    Q Why — what is the basis — well, let me — let me make sure I phrase this accurately. Do you have an estimate yourself for how many hours it would take to accomplish something like this?
    A Yeah, I have an estimate. I mean, it would be a range, probably between six months and a year of work. And that would be pretty much dedicating three-quarters to full-time during the work week.

    • DXer said

      Bruce Ivins did not have a fermenter available to use and thus was very seriously constrained as to volume.

      My one-time Facebook Friend Yazid Sufaat, however, had a fermenter in his lab.

      Evidence of Anthrax Labs Near Kandahar

      Yazid pled the Fifth to me as to all questions relating to the Fall 2001 anthrax.

      A stubborn sort, in a filmed interview, Yazid said that the CIA was not going to hear it from his mouth.

      The FBI did not submit the testing of the samples from 2002 or 2003 to the NAS. The FBI instead submitted testing of samples from 2004 and 2005. They refused to provide the NAS with any information that was classified.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: