Posted by Lew Weinstein on April 30, 2011
has the FBI told the whole truth about their case against Dr. Ivins?
Jane Musgrave writes in the Palm Beach Post (4/30/11) …
- Add Maureen Stevens to the list of people who don’t believe troubled federal biodefense researcher Bruce Ivins killed her husband and four others in the 2001 anthrax attacks.
- In court papers filed this month, attorneys representing Bob Stevens’ widow said they had gathered evidence that disputes FBI claims Ivins sent five anthrax-laced letters to politicians and media outlets
- Maureen Stevens’ attorneys originally agreed to accept the findings of the estimated $100 million FBI investigation.
- But when Ivins’ bosses at the military lab in Maryland insisted under oath that he lacked the time, equipment and know-how to produce the anthrax, the attorneys said they could no longer accept the findings.
problems with the government’s case against Dr. Ivins …
- It would have been impossible for Ivins to use lab equipment without being detected
- he would have left evidence … anthrax dust would have covered the machine he (was alleged) to use to produce the powder.
- Dr. Ivins did not have the lab skills to make the fine powdered anthrax used in the letters.
- Ivins never showed “that he understood weaponization technology of anthrax spores”
- the FBI grossly underestimated the time it would take to produce the amount of anthrax used in the letter attacks.
- Ivins would have needed six months to a year, working almost full-time
- someone would have had to help him.
read the entire article at … http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/doubt-of-anthrax-suspects-role-resurfaces-in-lawsuit-1444809.html
LMW COMMENT …
In other words, there is no case against Dr. ivins. The Stevens’ law suit against the U.S. government is an opportunity to demonstrate that in a court of law, something the FBI conveniently by-passed by charging a dead man who could not defend himself.
So what really happened? And why doesn’t the FBI offer America a credible story?
As regular readers of this blog well know, I can imagine only 3 possible “actual” scenarios …
- The FBI has more evidence against Dr. Ivins but is, for some undisclosed reason, withholding that evidence … POSSIBLE BUT NOT SO LIKELY
- The FBI, despite the most expensive and extensive investigation in its history, has not solved the case and has no idea who prepared and mailed the anthrax letters that killed 5 Americans in 2001 … EVEN LESS LIKELY
- The FBI knows who did it (not Dr. Ivins) but is covering up the actual perpetrators, for undisclosed reasons …THE MOST LIKELY SCENARIO
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: *** 2001 anthrax attacks, *** Amerithrax, *** Dr. Bruce Ivins, *** FBI anthrax investigation, Maureen Stevens, Robert Stevens | 12 Comments »