Posted by Lew Weinstein on May 15, 2012
- In interviews with Florida Center for Investigative Report, Post Office employees Oquendo and Ocasio confirmed in detail Lill’s recounting of what occurred in Orlando on Feb. 4, 2011. FCIR also obtained a time-stamped email Lill sent to his supervisor, Cynthia Hickman, reporting the exposure to a potentially toxic substance that day.
- Why, despite paper records and two whistle-blowers’ accounts, the Postal Service refuses to investigate the incident is something of a mystery. But it’s also a national security concern, demonstrating how the Postal Service may not have investigated a potential terrorist attack in Florida.
- In October 2010, four months before Lill came in contact with the package, authorities intercepted two packages from Yemen with bomb materials hidden inside printer ink cartridges. One was discovered in Britain aboard a UPS cargo plane and the other was found in a FedEx warehouse in Dubai. The Postal Service briefly stopped accepting mail from the country. Yemeni police then arrested a suspect in the case, and deliveries from Yemen to the United States resumed.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: *** 2001 anthrax attacks, *** Amerithrax, *** FBI anthrax investigation, Anwar Awlaki, Package From Yemen | 5 Comments »
Posted by Lew Weinstein on May 4, 2012
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: al Qaeda and anthrax, Anwar Awlaki | 54 Comments »
Posted by Lew Weinstein on June 16, 2011
not a single shred of credible evidence
extracts from a recent DXer comment …
- Bruce Ivins supplied a Cairo Medical graduate, whose friends were personally recruited by Dr. Ayman, virulent Ames.
- Dr. Ivins was directed to do so even though the researcher was not a US citizen. Bruce did not know the researcher was a non-citizen until after the visiting scientist arrived at USAMRIID for the visit in Spring 1998. See generally INSIDE JIHAD, by “Tawfiq” Hamid about Dr. Ayman’s recruitment at Cairo Medical.
- Dr. Tarek Hamouda was funded by DARPA.
- The researchers who shared a suite with Ali Al-Timimi also were funded by DARPA.
- Those researchers co-invented the microencapsulation patent used to concentrate anthrax with silicon dioxide.
- Ali Al-Timimi was coordinating with fellow Falls Church imam, Anwar Awlaki.
- The FBI’s anthrax expert, John Ezzell, spoke at DARPA about his dried aerosol project at USAMRIID. Over the course of 5 years of trial and error, according to author DW, he experimented with making a dried powder.
The FBI never disclosed this — not to the public
and apparently not to the NAS.
- We all just want the right answer. That requires a Congressional Commission or a reopened Amerithrax investigation.
- Agent Lawerence Alexander was not provided the 16 pages of the research by the former Zawahiri associate
alongside Bruce Ivins and Patricia Fellows in the B3 until well after he had started googling about sororities and developed the early forms of his “Ivins Theory.”
- His theory, though speculative and complex, can be presumed to be in good faith. But at the end of the day he needs to factor in what he now knows about the reliability of the first counselor as a witness.
Agent Lawrence Alexander and Postal Inspector Dellefera
have to themselves urge the Director that Amerithrax be reopened.
- The small company of the former Zawahiri associate received millions from the venture fund headed by the man who then was put in charge of Pakistan and Afghanistan (the powerful #3 at Department of State).
- That combined with the fact that Ali Al-Timimi had once been the assistant by the former White Chief of Staff (in another life at the Department of Transportation) may have made the correct solution of Amerithrax politically awkward.
- Our United States Department of Justice closed its case based on someone who was having visions, hearing voices and a series of mistaken claims and premises outlined at an August 8, 2008 conference.
- our major media has not yet interviewed Tarek Hamouda, the former Zawahiri associate, to ask how well he knew Dr. Ayman Zawahiri and his sister, the microbiology professor.
- No one has interviewed the subtilis expert who lived 20 miles from the Princeton mailbox who was in regular phone contact with the WTC 1993 plotters to ask how well he knew Ramzi Yousef, KSM’s nephew.
- Dr. Hamouda, the former Zawahiri associate, thanked Patricia Fellows for providing technical assistance.
- She is the one who spun Dr. Ivins as having no reason to be in the lab in early October. See her 302.
- For 2 1/2 years, the DOJ did not mention that Dr. Ivins was helping with the animal studies on not only the 5 nights in September that the DOJ was speculating that he was making a dried powder.
- And even to this day they never have disclosed that the same animal work continued in October.
This withholding of documents is outrageous.
- It is critical that the GAO probe who is responsible for the withholding of documents and force the disclosure of all documents relating to Amerithrax not exempt from FOIA.
LMW COMMENT …
- This CASE CLOSED blog has now received almost 178,000 clicks and just short of 12,000 comments.
- It is an open blog. Anyone can contribute.
- And yet, to the best of my recollection …
not a single person has presented
a single bit of documentation
in support of the FBI’s assertion that Dr. Ivins
made the attack anthrax and mailed the letters.
- If you’re out there, and you have evidence that supports the FBI’s case, let’s see it.
- Meanwhile, the mountain of grudgingly released documents continues to demolish the FBI’s assertions.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: *** 2001 anthrax attacks, *** Amerithrax, *** Dr. Bruce Ivins, *** FBI anthrax investigation, Agent Lawerence Alexander, Anwar Awlaki, Dr. Ayman, Patricia Fellows, Postal Inspector Dellefera, Tarek Hamouda | 1 Comment »
Posted by Lew Weinstein on May 22, 2011
- In an October 2007 deposition, the head of the Amerithrax prosecution, Daniel Seikaly, pled the Fifth Amendment when asked if he leaked the (hyped) story about anthrax smelling bloodhounds who alerted when they sniffed Dr. Hatfill.
- Attorney Seikaly’s daughter represented “anthrax weapons suspect” Ali Al-Timimi, pro bono.
- In 2001, Ali Al-Timimi was coordinating with Anwar Aulaqi and shared a suite with the DARPA-funded Ames anthrax researchers who had their work with virulent Ames done at Southern Research Institute in Frederick, MD.
- Anwar Awlaki wants to kill a million US citizens in a mass attack.
- Who does former prosecutor and his daughter, Ali Al-Timimi’s former defense counsel, think is responsible for the anthrax mailings of Fall 2001?
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: *** 2001 anthrax attacks, *** Amerithrax, *** FBI anthrax investigation, Ali al-Timimi, Anwar Awlaki, Daniel Seikaly, DARPA & anthrax, southern Research Institute (SRI) | 6 Comments »