* why are Dr. Ivins contemporaneous lab notebook pages from 2001 (September 28, 29 & 30, and October 1 & 2) being withheld? … these are the nights that Rachel Lieber and Kenneth Kohl speculate he was making a powderized anthrax.
Posted by Lew Weinstein on April 9, 2011
from a recent comment by DXer …
- Some of the most important pages, IMO, being withheld under FOIA are the lab notebook pags containing Dr. Ivins contemporaneous notes on September 28, 2001, 29, 30, October 1, October 2 in which he explained what he was doing in the lab on the nights that Rachel Lieber and Kenneth Kohl speculate he was making a powderized anthrax.
AUSA Rachel Lieber, through a spokesman,
has refused to produce them
saying that the DOJ has provided all
that is going to be provided under FOIA.
- I have drawn the attention of the wonderful USMRC FOIA person to the issue by email today in the hopes the USAMRIID people can locate them and provide them.
- No statutory exemption would apply — they will simply be some innocuous notes relating to the health of some mice. We will be looking to see if they relate to a study of the potency of the dose to be injected in the rabbits on 10/2 and whether some of the mice died requiring autoclaving. (The estimate from a 302 interview statement is that it would take 1 1/2 – 2 hours to autoclave a dead animal; we then hopefully will have a ticker from the autoclave machine that would corroborate operation of the autoclave at those precise times).
- For all those being part of the solution by helping reconstruct events though the production of documentary evidence, thank you very much.
- For all those who would stand in the way of production of documentary evidence, please stand down or, better yet, affirmatively start being part of the solution.
- Put your hands on the documents and give them to the FOIA officer at DOJ or USAMRIID. Whatever a person’s understanding of what happened in September and October 2001, the documents will help get everyone on the same page.