see previous posts …
* the NAS has scheduled a CLOSED meeting for Jan 14 … presumably (the notice does not say) to hear from the FBI as to why the NAS report, which the NAS thought was complete, needs to be revised … still no word on whether FBI Director Mueller has responded to Congressman Holt’s demand to meet
* hints of conflict between the NAS and the FBI are found in the unexpected delay of the NAS report on the FBI’s anthrax science … the FBI is obviously trying to hide the truth as long as possible and the NAS is witholding documents it is required by law to release
FYI: still no answer to whether Congressman Holt
has met with FBI Director Mueller
see previous post …
* on Dec 6, 2010, Congressman Holt demanded a meeting with FBI Director Mueller within one week … a month has passed … have they met? is a meeting scheduled? no one on the Congressman’s staff will say
The FBI’s publicly presented case against Dr. Ivins is clearly bogus: no evidence, no witnesses, an impossible timeline, science that proves innocence instead of guilt. So what really happened? And why doesn’t the FBI offer America a credible story?
As regular readers of this blog well know, I can imagine only 3 possible “actual” scenarios …
- The FBI has more evidence against Dr. Ivins but is, for some undisclosed reason, withholding that evidence … POSSIBLE BUT NOT SO LIKELY
- The FBI, despite the most expensive and extensive investigation in its history, has not solved the case and has no idea who prepared and mailed the anthrax letters that killed 5 Americans in 2001 … EVEN LESS LIKELY
- The FBI knows who did it (not Dr. Ivins) but is covering up the actual perpetrators, for undisclosed reasons …THE MOST LIKELY SCENARIO
The “fictional” scenario in my novel CASE CLOSED has been judged by many readers, including a highly respected official in the U.S. Intelligence Community, as perhaps more plausible than the FBI’s unproven assertions regarding Dr. Ivins.