* Dr. John Ezzell, the FBI’s anthrax expert, attended a recent conference on the anthrax mailings … his comments answered some questions and raised others
Posted by Lew Weinstein on December 7, 2010
see Lew’s seminar interview on You Tube
Dr. John Ezzell, the FBI’s anthrax expert,
and formerly Dr. Bruce Ivins’ colleague at USAMRIID,
shown above speaking at the anthrax mailings seminar.
His comments answered some questions and raised others
DXer has assembled the following points from documents produced by the FBI and from Dr. Ezzell’s comments at the conference and in past correspondence …
- Dr. Ezzell made dried powdered anthrax using Ames supplied by Bruce Ivins (which had been irradiated in the slurry).
- his resulting dry powder was more pure than the Daschle product.
- he made it at the request of DARPA for testing of mass spectrometry for biodefense detection purposes.
- The work Dr. Ezzell did was done in Building 1412 at USAMRIID.
- The virulent Ames was kept in the unlocked refrigerator.
- The aerosol samples were put on tapes.
- The DARPA researchers were testing the effect of a sonicator and corona plasma discharge on Ames spores.
- In 2001 (and for a couple of years after that), Dr. Ivins had not known that dried powdered anthrax was being made at USAMRIID.
from which DXer asks the following questions …
Question #1: When was the dried powder created?
Question #2: Might the renografin Dr. Ezzell used create a Silicon Signature?
Question #3: Would traces of renografin be found (if it had been used in the mailed anthrax)?
Question #4: Is it correct that no traces of renografin were found?
Question #5: What is the effect of a corona plasma discharge on Ames spores? Would it create a unipolar charge?
Question #6: What is the effect of a sonicator?
Question #7: Besides Building 1412 and Johns-Hopkins, where else was the research involving a sonicator and corona plasma discharge done?
Sources: audiotape and videotape of Dr. Ezzell’s question and answer (link will be posted as soon as available)
LMW COMMENT …
The FBI’s case against Dr. Ivins is clearly bogus: no evidence, no witnesses, an impossible timeline, science that proves innocence instead of guilt. So what really happened? And why doesn’t the FBI offer America a credible story?
I can imagine only 3 possible “actual” scenarios …
- The FBI has more evidence against Dr. Ivins but is, for some undisclosed reason, withholding that evidence … POSSIBLE BUT NOT SO LIKELY
- The FBI, despite the most expensive and extensive investigation in its history, has not solved the case and has no idea who prepared and mailed the anthrax letters that killed 5 Americans in 2001 … EVEN LESS LIKELY
- The FBI knows who did it (not Dr. Ivins) but is covering up the actual perpetrators, for undisclosed reasons … THE MOST LIKELY SCENARIO
The “fictional” scenario in my novel CASE CLOSED has been judged by many readers, including a highly respected official in the U.S. Intelligence Community, as perhaps more plausible than the FBI’s unproven assertions regarding Dr. Ivins.