* a truly pathetic interchange of emails between Dr. Bruce Ivins and a colleague (name withheld by USAMRIID) in the spring of 2007
Posted by Lew Weinstein on August 24, 2010
Read this pathetic interchange from the spring of 2007, when Bruce Ivins was trying to reconstruct events from 2001 prior to testifying before a grand jury.
- Shortly after this, Ivins was cut off from all communication with his former colleagues.
- Fifteen months later he committed suicide.
- Eight days after that, although he had never been indicted, the FBI claimed that he was the sole perpetrator of the 2001 anthrax attacks.
It is now over two years since Dr. Bruce Ivins’ alleged suicide and the FBI’s subsequent claim that Ivins was the sole perpetrator of the 2001 anthrax attacks when there is no credible evidence he was even involved.
- The evidence so far produced by the FBI/DOJ is far from conclusive and would never stand up in court against a living defendant.
- USAMRIID continues to dribble out emails on a schedule one can only believe has been purposely slowed.
- The NAS study has not been released, nor has any of the testimony received by them been made public.
- Congressman Holt’s proposed Anthrax Commission has gone nowhere.
Will we ever know the truth?
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:26 PM … From Bruce Ivins to ??? (not revealed by USAMRIID)
Hi, Would there be retrievable records for the months of September and October in 2001 for Facilities Management (Building Engineers) events in and such as: 1) Airlock Decons, 2) Suite Decons ( was apparently cleaned and deconned in this timeframe.) 3) Coldroom or Freezer alarms or breakdowns 4) Other events. Any information you could provide us regarding the above would be most helpful. Thanks very much! -bruce
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:03 PM … From ??? (not revealed by USAMRIID) To Bruce Ivins
We have hard records for the decons for 1) each suite and 2) airlocks. I will see if can pull these together for you. Regarding cold room and freezer alarms, these are not kept this far back. What are you looking for exactly?
Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:44 AM … From ??? (not revealed by USAMRIID) To Bruce Ivins
Bruce, I have to apologize that I forgot. Do you still need this info? Let me know.
Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:20:11 PM … From Bruce Ivins to ??? (not revealed by USAMRIID)
I already went to the grand jury, It’s too late for the information. -bruce