* USAMRIID promises new Ivins emails “shortly”
Posted by Lew Weinstein on June 22, 2010
The FBI’s case against Dr. Ivins is bogus: no evidence, no witnesses, an impossible timeline, science that proves innocence instead of guilt. So what really happened? And why? The “fictional” scenario in my novel CASE CLOSED has been judged by many readers, including a highly respected official in the U.S. Intelligence Community, as “quite plausible.”
After no response to my June 4 email, I sent another email this morning (June 22) …
JOHN Can you advise when the next batch of Ivins emails will be released, and what period they will cover? Thanks. LEW
JOHN’S RESPONSE …
Batch 59-62 have been processed for release/posting to the website. They should be available shortly for viewing. September 2004 – May 2005. 498 pages.
I sent the following email to USAMRIID on June 4
- Documents are dribbled out (where are 2005-2008 emails?), attachments are not released with the appropriate emails, and far too much information is blacked out of what is released.
- What justification does USAMRIID offer for its apparent continued violation of the FOIA law?
- You have always been polite and responsive to my emails, but I am still left wondering why you and others should not be held responsible and perhaps even prosecuted for what appears to be willful dereliction of duty.
- I’ll be happy to post your response and let your side of this story be known.
NOTE: spoliation of evidence is the intentional or negligent withholding, hiding, alteration or destruction of evidence relevant to a legal proceeding. It is a criminal act in the United States under Federal and most State law.