* questions for Congressman Holt’s anthrax investigation … Dugway + Battelle = ???
Posted by Lew Weinstein on March 16, 2010
The New York Times says the FBI’s anthrax case has “too many loose ends.” Find out where some of those looses ends might have originated in my novel CASE CLOSED. Sure it’s fiction, but many readers, including a highly respected member of the U.S. Intelligence Community, think my premise is actually “quite plausible.”
Old Atlantic asks some questions for a new review of anthrax and foreign countries.
- Did Dugway make powdered spores? Did they make them to aersololize easily for some clients?
- Did Battelle order the aerosolized powder version to use in challenge experiments? Was such delivered prior to September 18, 2001?
- Was this treatment to make the anthrax more realistic and rigorous for battle field conditions or use by a foreign power on the United States?
- Was a seed stock from RMR-1029 used to manufacture this anthrax?
- Did al Qaeda or Saudi Arabia, UAE, or Pakistan have an asset inside Battelle?
- Or someone with links to any of these countries or organizations?
- Did they count on the US blaming domestic terrorists to avoid admitting that it had possibly violated bioweapons conventions or treaties?
- Did this come up in any discussion involving Saudi Arabia,Pakistan, or United Arab Emirates and any US government employee? Any other country and the US? Or between another country and a US ally?
- Did the US pick up information of any communication of such a nature using its intel resources at some point in time?
- What persons not originally from the US were at Battelle, Ft. Detrick, Dugway or similar installation from 1997 to 2001?
- What amounts of powdered anthrax were at which sites at which dates? Were they manufactured to more easily aerosolize? If so how?
- Did they contain silicon as part of that manufacturing in the spore coat or on the surface?
- Could silicon have been removed from the surface by the means used to prepare it for testing? Can other anthrax from the letters be tested without removing silicon from its surface? Can this be checked by lab methods first on other powder with silicon on its surface?
- Does the US have such anthrax or subtilis so treated for use in such experiments?
- Did a foreign power or foreign organization realize that it had a free shot on the US because the US would blame domestic terrorists instead of admitting it had made easily aerosolized powder for use in challenge experiments at Battelle or other sites in the quantity of 10 to 30 grams or more?