* was Al Qaeda responsible for the 2001 anthrax attacks; as long as the FBI continues to hide the truth, we won’t know
Posted by Lew Weinstein on August 10, 2009
Anthony Kimery writes (8-7-09)
- “Adaptive and highly resilient,” Al Qaeda “remains the most serious terrorist threat we face as a nation,” said former career CIA official John Brennan in a speech last Thursday at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, DC.
- Al Qaeda’s “intent to carry out attacks against the United States and US interests around the world with weapons of mass destruction, if possible, remains undiminished, and another attack on the US homeland remains the top priority for the Al Qaeda senior leadership,” Brennan stated.
- Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair said Al Qaeda “has shown interest in recruiting and training Western individuals to execute attacks,” and that “the Intelligence Community continues to look for indications of Al Qaeda having contacts and/or sleeper cells in the US.”
- Buttressing what Brennan said about Al Qaeda’s desire to obtain WMDs, Blair told the Committee that “we continue to receive intelligence indicating that Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups are attempting to acquire chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) weapons and materials.”
- Charles Faddis, a 20-year veteran CIA officer who was a National Counterterrorism Center department chief overseeing “worldwide operations against the terrorist WMD target” when he retired from the clandestine services last year, told HSToday.us that “biological weapons are the most likely” terrorist WMD threat right now, noting that such an attack would “be devastating and it would totally cause catastrophic casualties.”
Read the entire article at …
LMW COMMENT …
Concerns like those expressed above emphasize how important it is for the FBI to actually solve the 2001 anthrax case, instead of insisting that its obviously phony case against Dr. Ivins must stand. We need Congressman Holts’s Anthrax Investigation Commission. We need full disclosure of all the FOIA materials requested by DXer and others. We need the truth.
For a fictional (but realistic) account of what might have happened in the 2001 anthrax attacks, and why the FBI has failed to solve the case, you are invited to read my novel CASE CLOSED.