Posted by Lew Weinstein on June 26, 2009
CASE CLOSED is a novel which answers the question “Why did the FBI fail to solve the 2001 anthrax case?” … Here’s an excerpt from the CASE CLOSED story; the (fictional) DIA team reviews the connection between the anthrax attack and the subsequent invasion of Iraq …
“After the nationwide panic caused by the anthrax mailings settled down, pretty much nothing happens in the FBI’s anthrax investigation. The next we hear about anthrax is in February 2003, when Secretary of State Abner Grant goes to the United Nations and holds up a vial of something – it wasn’t actually anthrax – claiming that Saddam can deliver biological weapons of mass destruction to the eastern seaboard of the U.S. Of course, we learn later that Saddam had neither WMD nor any way to reach our shores. U.N. arms inspector Blix said something much like that a few days before we invaded Iraq.”
*** click here to buy CASE CLOSED by Lew Weinstein
Dr. Bruce Ivins RMR-1029 inventory records,
from 1997 to 2003,
pursuant to a FOIA request
One of the CASE CLOSED bloggers asked for USAMRIID lab records regarding RMR-1029 anthrax, and received the following response …
Attached is the response to your FOIA request for USAMRIID lab records
of individuals accessing or otherwise using the anthrax research
flask(s) designated Reference Material Receipt Record “1029″ (RMR-1029)
from 1996 to 2008.
Redactions are pursuant to the privacy concerns under 5 U.S.C. 552,
Please call upon me if I can be of any further assistance.
John P Peterson
Chief, Freedom of Information/
Privacy Act Office
HQ, U.S. Army Medical Command
The USAMRIID RMR-1029 Inventory Documents, covering the period October 22, 1997 to November 18, 2003, follow …
Posted in * anthrax science, * recent anthrax news, Ames anthrax | Tagged: ** CASE CLOSED by Lew Weinstein, *** 2001 anthrax attacks, *** FBI anthrax investigation, Ames anthrax, Dr. Bruce Ivins RMR-1029 anthrax inventory 1997-2003 | 33 Comments »
Posted by Lew Weinstein on June 26, 2009
CASE CLOSED by Lewis Weinstein
… explores the FBI’s failed investigation of the 2001 anthrax case
* purchase CASE CLOSED (paperback)
* see CASE CLOSED VIDEO on YouTube
do you want Congressman Holt’s Anthrax Commission to happen?
Here’s how you can help
On March 3, 2009, Congressman Rush Holt (D-NJ http://holt.house.gov/), whose district included the Hamilton Post Office which was infested with anthrax and subsequently closed for nearly three and a half years, introduced the Anthrax Attacks Investigation Act of 2009, legislation that would establish a Congressional commission to investigate the 2001 anthrax attacks and the federal government’s response and investigation of the attacks.
Co-sponsors of the bill were …
The Anthrax Attacks Investigation Act of 2009 was referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary, where it remains today. The House Judiciary Committee is a busy place; there are hundreds of bills competing for attention. What can those of us who want this Anthrax Commission to happen do?
We can contact our local representatives who are
- members of the House Judiciary Committee (see below)
- or who sponsored the bill (see above)
- … It is a fact of political life that Congressmen respond to people who live in their districts; most Members of Congress will not even accept emails from people who don’t live in their district.
Suggested approach to your Congressman or Congresswoman …
- Many scientists, journalists, and other Congressmen and Senators do not believe the FBI has made a credible case against Dr. Bruce Ivins as the sole perpetrator of the 2001 anthrax attacks.
- If Ivins is not the sole perpetrator (or invoved at all), then one or more perpetrators are still at large and we don’t know yet who committed that terrorist attack on America … or why
- Does Congressman/Congresswoman xxxxxxx believe the FBI’s assertion that Dr. Bruce Ivins is the sole perpetrator of the 2001 anthrax attacks?
- What will Congressman/Congresswoman xxxxxxxx do to get the Anthrax Attacks Investigation Act of 2009 passed in the Judiciary Committee and brought to the House floor for a vote … in 2009?
You might also mention that considerable information and a variety of views on the 2001 anthrax attacks can be found at the CASE CLOSED blog at … http://caseclosedbylewweinstein.wordpress.com/
After you contact your representative, or try to, post a comment on this blog and tell us what happened.
- Did you get a favorable response?
- Did you get ignored?
for members of the House Judiciary Committee or sponsors of the bill …
- Click on the link next to your member’s name; you will go directly to that member’s web site.
- Look on your member’s site for the ways to contact your representative
- Contact BOTH the DC office and the local district office nearest to you.
- Send an email, talk to a staffer, make your views known.
- Insist on getting answers
Members of the U.S. House Judiciary Committee
Hon. Conyers Jr.
(D) Michigan, 14th
(D) California, 28th
(D) Virginia, 9th
(D) New York, 8th
(D) Virginia, 3rd
(D) North Carolina, 12th
(D) California, 16th
Hon. Jackson Lee
(D) Texas, 18th
(D) California, 35th
(D) Massachusetts, 10th
(D) Florida, 19th
(D) Tennessee, 9th
(D) Georgia, 4th
(D) Puerto Rico, Resident Commissioner
(D) Illinois, 5th
(D) Illinois, 4th
(D) California, 27th
(D) Wisconsin, 2nd
(D) Texas, 20th
(D) New York, 9th
(D) California, 29th
(D) California, 39th
Hon. Wasserman Schultz
(D) Florida, 20th
(D) New York, 25th
(R) Texas, 21st
Hon. Sensenbrenner Jr.
(R) Wisconsin, 5th
(R) North Carolina, 6th
(R) California, 24th
(R) Virginia, 6th
(R) California, 3rd
(R) California, 49th
(R) Virginia, 4th
(R) Iowa, 5th
(R) Arizona, 2nd
(R) Texas, 1st
(R) Ohio, 4th
(R) Texas, 2nd
(R) Utah, 3rd
(R) Florida, 16th
(R) Mississippi, 3rd
Posted in * FBI refusal to testify, * questioning the FBI's anthrax investigation | Tagged: * anthrax science, * Congressman Holt & anthrax, ** CASE CLOSED by Lew Weinstein, *** 2001 anthrax attacks, *** FBI anthrax investigation, Congressman Conyers & anthrax, Congressman Nadler & anthrax | 7 Comments »